Book: The Seven Fatal Mistakes

Get the protection you need. Warning!

Before you speak to an insurance company after being injured in an accident, you need to know their tricks. To save yourself from being taken advantage of, read this book or call us for a quick and easy telephone consultation.

Click here for a copy of "The Seven Fatal Mistakes"
Published on:

Three Injured in Los Angeles Train Accident Involving Police Car

By

A police officer and two passengers on a train were injured in a Los Angeles car accident when a police cruiser crashed into a train. According to a CBS Los Angeles news report, the train accident occurred at the intersection of Washington Boulevard and Los Angeles Street in downtown Los Angeles, the evening of March 27, 2012. Officials have not released information regarding how the accident occurred. The officer had to be rescued from his police cruiser with the Jaws of Life. The officer and two people on the train sustained non-life-threatening injuries in the crash.

My thoughts and prayers are with the three injured victims of this Los Angeles train accident. I am relieved to hear that none of the victims suffered critical injuries and I wish them all the very best for a complete and speedy recovery.

Los Angeles Car Accident Statistics

According to California Highway Patrol’s 2009 Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS), 227 people were killed and 25,043 were injured in Los Angeles car accidents. Countywide, car accidents caused 554 fatalities and injured 50,817 people, during the same year.

What Caused This Accident?

Details are not yet available to suggests how or why this car versus train collision occurred. I trust investigators are determining the answers to a number of questions here. Does this location have properly working railroad crossing lights? Were the warning devices activated at the time of the collision? Did the police officer have ample warning that a train was coming? Was this collision the police officer’s fault? Did he fail to yield the right of way to the oncoming train or did he try to “beat the train?” Was the police officer speeding or responding to an emergency call? If so, were the lights and sirens activated in the police vehicle?

Liability Issues

If the police officer is determined to have been at fault, the injured victims can file a claim for damages against the officer and his or her employer. If the train’s driver was at fault, then, the injured passengers and the police officer can file a personal injury claim against the train’s operator and his or her employer. Injured victims in such cases can seek compensation to cover medical expenses, lost wages, cost of hospitalization, rehabilitation and other related damages. An experienced Los Angeles personal injury lawyer will be able to advise victims and their families about their legal rights and options.

By
Posted in:
Published on:
Updated:
Contact Information